Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Useful Web Tool


I never liked the way Browsers managed my favorite links, and I was never that excited about Deli.cio.us as a 'social bookmarking site', so I didn't bother...  but I did finally try Furl. 

I like Furl's full text search, and the fact that Furl saves copies of my content to my personal storage area, creating what Furl folks call your 'personal web'.  I find this great for saving my research-related content. I can search, access, organize, or update a consolidated set of favorite links from any one of my 12 computers, or any other computer I happen to be working from. 

Here is a useful review of Furl, which includes a comparison with Deli.cio.us.

1 comment:

Lyr Lobo said...

Looks great. *reads the review*

As soon as the workload subsides, I'll try Furl. *grins*